Electrolysis at Rouge – for anyone thinking of having electrolysis done, I would say, stop thinking! Put yourself in the hands of Stella and her team at Rouge. They are true professionals in every way and the treatment itself is very effective.
I had put up with unwanted facial hair (mainly upper lip and chin) for years and had tried all of the usual stuff (waxing, creams & even a round of laser treatment) but to no avail. I decided to try electrolysis after reading up about it online. I was quite self-conscious and embarrassed going for my first consultation but I was put at ease by Stella from day 1. She is very professional and discreet as well as being very skilled with the treatment. Stella is also one of lifes very genuine and lovely people who is great to chat to…this is an extra bonus as the chat is a welcome distraction from the treatment – I wouldn’t say that’s it’s painful but there’s definitely a bit of discomfort particularly with the upper lip.
I am almost finished my treatment. It has been so effective that I only need to visit every 2 months or so to get a few small hairs removed. It has made a huge difference to my confidence and to my life in general. As you may have guessed, I would highly recommend both Rouge & electrolysis to anyone looking for a permanent solution to unwanted hair…don’t even think about it, just do it and enjoy the peace of mind that the results bring
– Laura R
I started coming to Rouge for facials, and as she was feeling my skin, Stella noticed some hairs and subtly suggested I try electrolysis. I am blonde, and when I started tweezing here and there in my late teens, I didn’t realise that the hairs would grow thicker and darker. If I had known….
Anyhow, I eventually followed Stella’s advice and started electrolysis on my chin and lip. A little sore and slow at first, I soon started to notice the results. I have been able to space out treatments, and I am now nearly hair-free! You know the best thing: I no longer own tweezers! As Stella said, with patience and faith, it really works. Thank’s Stella & Iryna!
I moved to Dublin over a year ago and went to Rouge to continue my laser treatment. At that time I was getting laser, for over 2 years and while I did see some results, I never found the result were as ‘permanent’ as the adverts claimed.
I met Stella in Rouge and we discussed the benefits of electrolysis versus laser and I was convinced to give electrolysis a go, mainly due to Stella’s passion about the process and long term benefits of electrolysis.
A year later, I am delighted that I listened to Stella as I have seen amazing results on my lip and chin. So much so, that I am booking in for my underarm and bikini next week. I will admit that after about 6 months I started to doubt the results, this I feel was due to 2 years of money wasted on laser, however, it was great to have Stella’s positive support and I am now delighted I stuck with it as the results are amazing and PERMANENT!!!
– Fiona O’Connor
If you want Permanent Hair Removal, Electrolysis is the answer. Here at Rouge our staff is passionate about electrolysis and dedicated to achieving the best results for you. We invest in the best equipment and use Apulis Platinum and Apulis Senior epilators.
Why Choose Electrolysis
– Electrolysis has been proven to be permanent.
– Electrolysis is medically approved.
– Electrolysis can be used on all hair & skin colours.
– Electrolysis has been used safely and effectively for well over 120 years.
– Electrolysis is affordable.
– In skilled hands it is comfortable.
– Electrolysis gives freedom from unsuccessful temporary hair removal methods.
Prior to Electrolysis Treatment
- Shaving five to seven days before a treatment appointment, tweezing and other temporary hair removal treatments around two to three weeks before an appointment are both okay (some people may be able to shorten these times). Once electrolysis treatments have begun however other treatments should be discontinued. If for some reason you find you have to use a temporary treatment this should be discussed with your therapist first.
- Your diet can affect your sensitivity. Avoid stimulants like caffeine, chocolate or sugar on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure 48 hours prior to your treatment to avoid dilation of the blood vessels.
- Female clients may find that they are more sensitive during or right before their menstrual cycle and may want to avoid making appointments during that time.
- Drink plenty of water the day before, the day of and the day after the treatment. Dehydrated follicles are more difficult to treat. Hydration will also help your skin heal more quickly.
- Some find a meal just before treatment helps reduce discomfort.
- Many clients find that taking their favourite pain reliever 30 minutes prior to their appointment makes their treatment more comfortable.
- Do not use Retin A, Tazorac or any serious retinoid for at least 1 week prior to your electrolysis treatment. Discontinue Accutane for at least 6 months prior to electrolysis treatment.
For any other queries you may have please get in touch with your therapist.
Following your Electrolysis treatment
For the first two days following an appointment we recommend the following:
- To avoid any cross infection the area should not be touched with fingers for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Following treatment your skin follicles will be open and the skin sensitive with the potential for bacteria to enter. We will recommend an aftercare product which can be applied 3 times daily to the treated area with a fresh cotton bud for each application, continue this for 3 days. This will promote skin healing and prevent infection.
- Do not use any temporary hair removal methods for one to two days.
- To achieve the best results from your treatments keep up with appointments.
- If you do find small scabs or ‘brown tops’ do not pick them off as they are part of the healing process – if you do pick them you may cause scar tissue.
- For the next 1 to 2 days ensure the treated areas are clean and minimise heat or friction on the area.
- For the same reason do not use public pools, saunas or take hot showers or spas.
- Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds or tanning processes for two days as these will affect sensitivity of the skin.
- Exercise such as gym work and sport should not be undertaken for one to two days.
- Do not apply any products such as lotions, deodorants, powders, body sprays etc. to the treated areas for 24 hours, unless they have been recommended by your therapist, as they are likely to cause irritation.
Small bumps, soreness and redness are all temporary reactions to the treatment and are perfectly normal especially after an initial appointment. These reactions should disappear over the following one to two days but if they do not please contact your therapist for advice
Book your consultation and a free sample treatment with us.
15 min – 30€
20 min – 35€
30 min – 45€
60 min – 70€